FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) – The Indiana Department of Transportation announces that the intersection of Hillegas and West Coliseum Boulevard is scheduled to close on Sept. 9.
Starting Monday, drivers can expect the road to be closed as contractors rebuild and realign the sharp curve on West Coliseum Boulevard that leads into the intersection with Hillegas Road.
To accommodate the intersection improvement, West Coliseum Road will be closed to through-traffic beginning by 9 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 9.
TRAFFIC UPDATES: LANE CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS TO EXPECT IN FORT WAYNE
INDOT says the closure is only at the junction of Hillegas Road and motorists will continue to have access to all businesses along West Coliseum when entering from Goshen Road.
Drivers will also be able to access businesses on Hillegas up to the intersection.
Through-traffic needing to access businesses on Hillegas or in Centennial Park will be re-routed on Goshen Road to Independence Drive to Hillegas Road.
The official detour is Independence Drive to Goshen Road to U.S. 30 to Washington Center Road.
The completed project will create a T-intersection with a right- and left-turn lane at Hillegas Road.
INDOT says the project seeks to improve the line of sight at the intersection and improve safety by reducing winter slide-offs at the curve.
The project is scheduled to be complete in mid-December, weather permitting.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Curve correction to close intersection of Hillegas and West Coliseum
- Reconstruction of Hillegas and West Coliseum intersection is close to the finish line
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Fort Wayne business is ready for the W. Coliseum and Hillegas road work
- Hillegas Road Bridge reopened after being closed for several months
- Hillegas Road head-on crash injures 4
- Coliseum Blvd to close to place bridge
- Section of Coliseum Blvd. closing overnight tonight
- Intersection of Coldwater Road and Coliseum Boulevard to get new turn lanes
- Hillegas Road to close for several months for bridge replacement project