FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - More than a hundred people are bringing awareness to mental illness.
Crosswinds hosted its annual "Planking Challenge" at Parkview Field. Organizers say it is a way to combine physical and mental health with the challenge of holding their body weight while raising awareness for mental health.
Crosswinds says it raised more than $50,000. This was the fifth year for the Planking Challenge.
- Crosswinds holds "Planking Challenge" to raise mental illness awareness
- 'Pumping for Hope' raises awareness on mental health
- YWCA raises awareness of teen dating violence
- Auburn Pink Out raises breast cancer awareness
- Epilepsy stroll at the zoo raises awareness
- Families walk to raise awareness of ALS
- One Night Without a Home raises awareness of homelessness
- Local food pantries want to raise awareness for the hungry
- Woman with Down Syndrome creates clothing line to raise awareness
- "Law Enforcement Mental Health and Awareness Act" to offer counseling to police