LEO, Ind. (WFFT) - Emergency crews were called to the 16600 block of Pine Ridge Pass in Northern Allen County near Leo-Cedarville yesterday to help rescue a dog.
The dog was walking on thin ice as it ventured to the middle of a neighborhood pond when it fell through. Crews from the Huntertown and Northeast Allen County Fire Departments worked together to rescue the dog from the frigid waters.
Crews made quick work of rescuing man's best friend, only taking 5 minutes. Once the dog was rescued and warmed up, the dog was returned to it's owner and is reported to be ok.
- Crews rescue dog from frigid pond
- Child rescued from pond
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Auburn man drowns in pond
- Frigid cold continues to cause closures Thursday
- Man arrested after allegedly stealing woman’s dog, leaving it in frigid cold
- Staying safe on icy ponds or lakes
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Fire department investigates car in pond