LEO, Ind. (WFFT) - Emergency crews were called to the 16600 block of Pine Ridge Pass in Northern Allen County near Leo-Cedarville yesterday to help rescue a dog.
The dog was walking on thin ice as it ventured to the middle of a neighborhood pond when it fell through. Crews from the Huntertown and Northeast Allen County Fire Departments worked together to rescue the dog from the frigid waters.
Crews made quick work of rescuing man's best friend, only taking 5 minutes. Once the dog was rescued and warmed up, the dog was returned to it's owner and is reported to be ok.
- Crews rescue dog from frigid pond
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Staying safe on icy ponds or lakes
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Fire department investigates car in pond
- Lakeside area residents push to reopen pond skating
- Man dies after falling into Wabash County pond
- One person hospitalized after crashing into house, pond
- Crews ready for winter storm