FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- One woman was injured after a shooting Sunday morning outside a local night club.
The shooting happened around 1;30am in the 1700 block of Creighton Avenue.
The shooting has people in the area shaken up.
Police say someone walked up to the woman and shot her in the leg. Rather or not this was a targeted attack is unknown.
Tawanna Riley lives in the area and was highly disappointed when she heard about the shooting.
"People need to realize what they are doing to these families destroying them one by one," Riley said.
Riley also said there were several other shootings in the area, but this one in particular made her think of her child.
"I have a son and personally, I'm a mother bear and I can't imagine going through without my son or any of my kids."
She isn't the only one worried about loved ones in the area. Jakeisha Smith who asked not to be seen on camera said she is terrified to go anywhere after one of her family members was shot. While leaving the funeral of that loved one, she said another shooting happened not long after.
"It makes me feel scared to go anywhere- parties, family get togethers, even just going outside to a party. Somebody just walks up and just shoot you for no reason. It's terrible," Smith said.
Police said none of the witnesses inside would come forward to talk about what happened and there is no suspect at this time.
Police are investigating.
- Creighton Avenue shooting has neighborhood in fear
- Victims identified in Creighton Ave shooting
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Crash closes Creighton Street from Clinton to Calhoun
- Trial set for Lake Avenue shooting suspect
- Police investigating shooting on McKinnie Avenue
- Two hurt in Spatz Avenue shooting
- Victims in Spatz Avenue double shooting identified
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting pleads guilty