FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Police are investigating an early morning crash involving a police cruiser and another vehicle.
It happened around 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning near the intersection of Lima Road and Carroll Road.
FWPD PIO Mike Joyner told WFFT the officer was southbound on Lima Road. A vehicle tried to turn north out of the Byron Health Center, but realized that wasn't possible and backed into the southbound lanes into the path of the police officer.
Joyner said the officer's engine compartment caught fire. She suffered minor injuries but was not transported to the hospital.
The driver of the other vehicle was arrested on multiple charges including driving without a license and driving without insurance. A passenger in the vehicle was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
- Crash on Lima Road involves FWPD cruiser
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- Crews battle Lima Road bar fire
- Bentley's Pet Stuff opens on Lima Road
- Lima Road Dentistry buys back Halloween Candy
- Lima Road crash knocks out power to several businesses
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- FWPD involved in Monday morning standoff
- FWPD make drug arrests
- One man in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Lima Road and I-69