SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - DeKalb County commissioners voted against rezoning two acres of a field in Spencerville to commercial property.
The 3-0 vote ended the potential of a Dollar General being built at the corner of County Road 68 and State Road 1.
Two weeks ago, the DeKalb County planning commission passed a non-favorable recommendation to commissioners.
Many people in the community felt that corner was a bad spot for a store, and worried what it would do existing small businesses.
A Dollar General spokesperson told FOX 55 in an email "We are respectful of community concerns. We plan to evaluate additional opportunities for a new store in the area."
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville field continued
- Request to re-zone Spencerville field discussed again
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- Dollar General clears hurdle for Spencerville location
- Residents voice concerns over golf course rezoning
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields