Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Allen County Councilwoman Sharon Tucker announced she will be running for The 6th District City Council seat this morning at the Allen County Democratic Headquarters.
For 20 years Councilman Glynn Hines held the position.
He announced back in March this would be his last term after having health issues at that time.
Tuesday he said Tucker has his full support.
She said she believes her experience on county council has prepared her to take on the task.
"To have his endorsement is tremendous because I do believe the blood has been put in the water, so there will be a lot of people that will come out to run for the 6th District. I think right now is not the time for us to take an experiment and elect someone that is unskilled or untrained, doesn't have the leadership or event the political knowledge. I am honored that he felt like I could be the next person to take that role on," Tucker said.
If she wins, she would be the first woman to hold this position for the 6th District.
- Councilwoman Sharon Tucker bids for 6th District seat
- Three Democratic hopefuls looking to fill vacant 6th district council seat
- Glynn Hines hosts The State of the 6th District Address
- Jim Banks wins the Third District Congressional seat
- EACS implement seat belts
- Two Democrats hoping to fill District 4 seat on Fort Wayne's city council
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Seat belt usage on the decline
- Can airplane seat cameras spy on passengers?
- Airplane seat cameras: US senators demand answers