FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne's city council supports giving citizens a credit for missed trash collections.
Council approved a non-binding resolution recommending a $12 credit Tuesday evening. This comes after Red River missed thousands of trash cans since January. In fact many people are reporting misses this week despite new routes, including councilman Michael Baranda, who's trash wasn't picked up Tuesday.
The mayor's working group will consider refunds when it meets next week, but the solid waste department says it may not have the funds for the refund despite fining Red River about $300,000 this year.
- Council supports $12 trash refund
- Resolution for trash refunds to be introduced
- Fort Wayne considering refunds for missed trash collection
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- Beware of tax refund scams
- Bridal shop closes, brides wait for refunds
- Average tax refunds up $40 for 2019
- New trash days start Monday
- City's new trash plan starts