FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Allen County Coroner identified a man who died after being hit by a vehicle back on October 9th as 72-year-old Ekrem Nezirevic.
Police said the woman behind the wheel of the car was Amber Garrett, a woman facing charges related to the death of her 2-year-old son, Malakai Garrett in 2017.
Nezirevic was crossing the street at North Clinton and Coliseum Blvd. when Garrett hit him while traveling north.
Nezirevic was taken to a local hospital where he died the next day from his injuries. His cause of death was determined to be blunt force injuries. His death was ruled an accident.
Nezirevic was the 27th person in Allen County to die in a motor vehicle crash this year.
- Coroner identifies pedestrian hit by car, Amber Garrett behind the wheel
- Amber Garrett changes her plea
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Amber Garrett appears in court, grandma speaks out about charges
- Coroner identifies victims of weekend motorcycle crash
- Amber Alert update
- Amber Pasztor in court
- Amber Alert canceled
- Pedestrian killed along State Blvd. identified
- Coroner identifies woman who died after multi-car crash on Stellhorn Road