The two people involved in a murder-suicide have now been identified. Both men died from gunshot wounds to the chest.
Joseph Shah Hurley is the 38th homicide in Allen County for 2017. While Roger Edward Shubert died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
The men's bodies were found on Tuesday in an apartment on South Calhoun Street. Authorities are continuing to investigate the incident.
There's a lot we still don't know about the murder-suicide that happened inside a vacant apartment on the 2400 block of South Calhoun Street Tuesday.
We don't know the identities of the two men involved, we don't know the relationship between the two men, and we don't know why they were in that vacant apartment.
But here's what we do know. Both men died of gunshot wounds to the chest. The Fort Wayne Police Department said the property owner heard something coming from upstairs.
Police say they heard a gunshot when they arrived, and had to send in a robot into the building after failing to contact a person inside.
We talked to Samuel Villeda who lives next door who he says his neighborhood is usually pretty safe.
"I know all the neighbors, I say hello, and go inside home. "
But Villeda says he did see people come in and out of the house. He's not sure if they were the victims or the property owner.
"I only see go out and go in, go to the grocery store, and I just go inside. I don't know the names."
I asked how he feels knowing that two people died right next door. Villeda said it's sad but he'll be okay.
"I think it's fine. You know, it was personal problems maybe."
Police are still investigating. WFFT will update this story when the two men are identified.
- Men identified murder-suicide on Calhoun Street
- Calhoun Street closed for crash
- Calhoun Street closure on Tuesday, July 9th
- Greene Street stabbing victim identified
- Two hurt in early morning shooting on Calhoun Street
- Crash closes Creighton Street from Clinton to Calhoun
- Victim identified in Oxford Street shooting
- Victim identified in Greene Street shooting
- Victim identified in Madison Street Shooting
- Suicide bombing kills three