FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — To help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, several events have been cancelled in Fort Wayne and across Northeast Indiana.
We are keeping a running list of closures and cancellations here.
If you see an event not listed you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Noble Schools is cancelling traditional schools beginning Monday through at least April 17th.
- At least three Allen County school districts have closed schools at least through April 10th.
- Huntington County schools announced it will be closed from March 16th to April 10th.
- Concordia Lutheran High School is closing through April 10.
- The Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend is closing all 43 of its Catholic schools starting March 16 for a minimum of three weeks.
- Trine University is shifting to online-only for two weeks starting Monday.
- SAT testing on March 14 at Southside High School, Snider High School and DeKalb High School have been cancelled.
- Fort Wayne Community Schools has canceled most events and all field trips until further notice. The pre-K and kindergarten registration event for later this month has been postponed.
- Purdue Fort Wayne’s College of Visual and Performing Arts is cancelling all university-sponsored events on campus until further notice.
- The East Allen County Schools' Board of School Trustees is canceling their Executive Session scheduled for Thursday, March 19.
- Fort Wayne Common Council will not meet on March 17.
- Fort Wayne’s Parks and Recreation Job Fair on March 18 has been cancelled.
- A new date has not yet been set. Applicants are encouraged to visit its website to view open jobs.
- Fort Wayne's Parks and Recreation is closing its five community cents on March 16 to coincide with the school closings.
- The Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation department has also cancelled three Riverfront events:
- Sundays at the Riverfront on March 15
- Riverfront Educational Series on March 16
- Family Game Night on March 17
- The Allen County Prosecutor’s Office Child Support Division will be closed to the public from March 16 to March 27.
- The office will not accept hand-delivered documents but all active cases will be processed.
- Any payments you’re receiving will continue.
- The Willennar Genealogy Center will be closed the week of March 16.
- The City of Portland offices will be closed to the public.
- All city offices will be open for business however, if you need to speak with any of the office personnel you must call and schedule an appointment.
- All water bills must be made via the drop box.
- The lobby to the Jay County Sheriff’s Department and jail is closed to the public.
- Woodburn Fire Department is not accepting any visitors unless it is an emergency.
- This includes all blood pressure checks, station tours etc.
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns please call Station 2 at 260-632-3021.
- Citizens Square will close to the public beginning Wednesday, March 18.
- Current plans call for the building to reopen on Wednesday, April 1.
- The Indiana State School Music Association has cancelled all of its sponsored music events through April 11.
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic has cancelled its performance of Carmina Burana this weekend.
- The Eckhart Public Library will not have its planned Open House on March 15 but the building will be open to patrons from 1-5 p.m. that day.
- FAME is cancelling the FAME Festival this weekend at the Grand Wayne Center.
- No alternate date is available this spring.
- Easterseals ARC is postponing its annual Dancing with the Arc Stars fundraiser on March 19.
- The Lerner Theatre in Eklhart will be closed for all of March.
- Eckhart Public Library will close its campus at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 16, and the Teen Library will not open on March 16 to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- No reopening date has been set at this time.
- Trinity English Lutheran Church will not hold worship services through at least March 29.
- A live service will be streamed on its website at 11 a.m. on Sundays.
- All other church activities are cancelled.
- Indiana's Catholic Masses will be suspended starting March 18 until further notice.
- Fort Wayne UNITED's Late Night Basketball League is cancelling its remaining Saturday night spring sessions.
- The Byron Health Center’s 7th Annual Byron’s Got Talent event will take place behind closed doors on March 22 starting at 2 p.m. in the Eakin Family Room.
- The event can be watched on Facebook Live.
- The National Alpaca Show this weekend will not be open to the public.
- All pre-registered Conservatory programs are cancelled until further notice.
- In addition, the April 10 Easter in the Garden event, the April 11 Visit with the Easter Bunny, and the Conservatory Volunteer Dinner are all cancelled as well.
- Steuben County/Angola Police Rape Aggression Defense class scheduled for April 22-24 will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department has cancelled the March 17 Community Unity Night at Jennings Recreation Center.
- No reschedule date has been determined at this time.
- The Marine Corps League Detachment #1435 Pride and Purpose monthly Pancake Breakfast Saturday, March 21, is cancelled.
- Closings and Cancellations: All Indiana schools closed until May 1
- School closings and delays
- 2 Indiana online charter schools face being forced to close
- 2 Northwest Indiana schools closed after Legionnaires' discovery
- Big Indiana teachers rally prompting many school closings
- More Northeast Indiana schools close for Red for Ed day
- Indiana Beach closes after nearly a century
- Covington Elementary closed Monday
- Piere's Entertainment closed
- GameStop closes all stores