FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man accused of stabbing his mother to death appeared in court in Allen County Wednesday morning.
Cordell Hughes, 40, was on video in an Allen County courtroom facing a murder charge in the death of 60-year-old Carmen Hughes.
A probable cause affidavit shows Hughes allegedly stabbed his mother in the neck and chest, and then called police for a well-being check two days later.
Police also learned Cordell was Carmen's beneficiary, and the only other person in Fort Wayne who had a key to her apartment.
Hughes is expected to be back in court March 20th for a trial setting.
- Cordell Hughes appears in court
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- Suspect in November murder appears in court
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- McNair appears in court for trial setting
- Thanksgiving home invasion suspect appears in court
- Accused murderer in court for first appearance
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting appears in court
- Amber Garrett appears in court, grandma speaks out about charges
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court