FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Construction is about to begin for another senior housing project in Fort Wayne.
Piper Trail is a unique concept since it is what is known as a pocket community.
Lutheran Life Villages has been designing the 48 cottage neighborhood over two years.
It's designed for people 55 and older who want to live an active lifestyle with their neighbors.
Each cottage is designed with a shared front yard and large front porches.
"This is unlike anything in Fort Wayne today. What we see is individuals who want to not have to take care of everything and yet still feel apart of something bigger," said Alex Kiefer, Lutheran Life Villages CEO.
Piper Trail is expected to open by the end of the year.
If you would like learn more about the senior community, visit Piper Trail's website.
- Construction on new pocket community begins
- Construction begins on new downtown hotel
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- Phase 3 construction begins for FWA
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday
- Construction on Five Points roundabout to begin soon
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Farmer amputates his leg with a pocket knife to save his own life
- Eckhart Public Library begins outside construction nearly one year after arson
- Rescue Mission to begin public campaign for new building; construction costs rising