WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Firefighters are investigating after a construction company caught fire Monday night.
The fire started around 8:15 p.m. Monday night at Southwood Construction in the 2500 block of West Wallen Road.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department said the fire was contained to a large storage building behind the office building.
Flames were seen from the roof of the building around 9 p.m. when FOX 55 arrived on the scene.
Firefighters battled the fire from the outside because the roof collapsed.
Southwood Construction makes seemless gutters.
The company's owner tells FOX 55 he lost two trucks, a forklift and his entire inventory in the fire.
He said the building is destroyed, but plans on rebuilding.
FWFD responded to the fire with Washington Township because the fire was about a block away from the city limits.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Construction company destroyed in Monday night fire
- Fire destroys butcher shop Wednesday night
- Fire destroys vacant home
- Fire destroys mobile home
- Fire destroys garage
- Tire business destroyed by fire
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- Plating company catches fire Tuesday
- Fire destroys home early Thursday morning
- Fire destroys mobile home in Angola