MONROE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- UPDATE : Conservation Officers are continuing their search for a missing Bloomington man. The man has been identified as Anup Thota, 26.
Thota went missing Friday evening at Monroe Reservoir. Officers said the search is being hampered by the large area they have to search. Crews are using side-scan sonar and underwater cameras to find him.
If Thota is not found by tonight, they will continue in the morning.
ORIGINAL STORY: Indiana Conservation Officers are searching for a 26 year old man from Bloomington after he and his friends were caught in the water during a storm.
Officers said the man was boating and swimming with co-workers on Monroe Reservoir Friday. They were caught on the water when a storm passed over the area around 8:30 p.m. After the rain started, the victim's friends realized he was no longer on the surface of the water. They immediately called 911.
Conservation Officers, Monroe County Dive Team, Monroe County Sheriff's Department, and Perry-Clear Creek Fire Department responded and searched for the man. The search was called off after dark and resumed this morning.
The name of the victim will be released after his family is notified.
- Conservation Officers searching for missing Bloomington man
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate snowmobile accident
- 2 students at Indiana University-Bloomington have mumps
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate possible drowning in DeKalb County
- Police searching for missing teen
- Missing teen found after search
- Search continues for missing wakesurfer
- Family, friends gather to continue search for missing man
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- Fremont police searching for missing teen