FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- 73 employers and agencies have over 3,700 positions available for job seekers at the Congressman Jim Banks Job Fair at Purdue University Fort Wayne campus.
"This year's job fair is a testament to the good news of a vibrant and growing economy that we're finding all over the country, but also here in northeast Indiana," said Banks.
Banks says it's a priority of his to empower Hoosier businesses and workers. The jobs at the fair range from biomedical engineering and health care, to financial services and more.
"In the Third District we have the most manufacturing jobs per capita of any congressional district in the country. We have a number of employers here today who have manufacturing based jobs which makes our economy unique."
According to Purdue Fort Wayne Chancellor Ron Elsenbaumer, employers struggle to find employees since there are more open jobs than there are job seekers. That's due to the good economy.
"We are in the process of re-evaluating how our university handles career services," said Elsenbaumer.
Elsenbaumer says the school is looking at how internships and co-ops are handled so that they can produce students who are more prepared.
"It's about building partnerships. It's about us becoming aware of them and their needs with the employees."
Participants at the job fair also got interview training and resume assistance.
"Holding this job fair on our campus couldn't be better timed and it couldn't be a better place," said Elsenbaumer.
- Congressman Jim Banks hosts job fair at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Congressman Jim Banks hosts U.S. Service Academy Day
- Congressman Jim Banks to have August recess
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds job fair
- Purdue Fort Wayne hosts 30th annual health fair
- Congressman Jim Banks discusses moving forward after government shutdown
- Congressman Jim Banks in Huntington for town hall meeting
- Leadership Fort Wayne hosts 4th annual volunteer fair
- Purdue University Fort Wayne hosts spring campus visit
- Science Central hosts Purdue University Fort Wayne day