FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Public Works hosted a "meet the contractor" meeting Wednesday evening for the community to learn more about the Dupont Road project.
The enhancement project will add travel lanes, a turn lane as well as more options for pedestrians. There will be a trail on one side and a sidewalk on the other.
The project is on Dupont Road between Lima and Coldwater Roads, an area that is known for heavy traffic. Residents say they are happy about the changes, but concerned about the construction phase.
"Hopefully they are working on an exit for the addition for us to get into the new addition so we can go over to Coldwater to get out rather than waiting to get out through the stop lights, because it'll be a mess," said Dennis Massey, who lives near Dupont Road.
"We've actually had several meetings over the last two years with neighborhoods in this area, public meetings informing them about the project and how it's going to be starting this year. It's going to be a two construction year project, so it won't be done until 2019," said Public Works Spokesman Frank Suarez.
The road will be completely closed to traffic starting in April through July. It will be closed between Dawson's Creek Boulevard and Hickory Tree Road.
For more information about the project, click here .
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Dupont Road construction is complete
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion
- Businesses near Dupont Road are affected by construction
- One hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near Dupont Road