INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Indianapolis Colts have hired Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich as their new head coach.
Team officials made the announcement Sunday. Reich is expected to be introduced at a news conference Tuesday.
The move comes five days after the Colts announced New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would be their next coach. McDaniels backed out of the deal eight hours later.
Now, the Colts have hired the man who helped the Eagles outwit McDaniels in last week's Super Bowl.
Reich returns to the franchise where he started his coaching career in 2008.
- Colts hire Frank Reich as new head coach
- Indianapolis Colts fire Head Coach Chuck Pagano
- Josh McDaniels backs out of deal to become Colts coach
- Colts linebacker among two killed on I-70
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Central Noble hiring second officer
- DeKalb hires new choir director
- Indiana city paying $1M for Colts' hotel rental
- Metro Diner to hire 100 people
- German auto parts maker plans expansion, 120 new hires