A crash involving a Ford F350 and a large Dodge passenger van carrying 7 DeKalb County inmates left both vehicles totaled.
The van was northbound in the passing lane of State Road 3 and approaching State Road 205. The Ford truck had been southbound in the left turning lane of State Road 3 at the intersection of State Road 205.
Failing to yield the right-of-way, the Ford 350 turned in front of the oncoming passenger van; the vehicles colliding at a near 90 degree angle. The van went off the roadway, striking a utility pole, while the truck spun and came to a rest, facing west in the intersection. A witness who was driving behind the van states that it had the green light.
The seven inmates were trapped in the passenger cage, having to later be extracted by emergency officials. One of them was airlifted to Parkview Regional, while all other occupants were transported by EMS to the hospital. The driver of the Ford truck is reported to have no injuries, while the driver of the van has a broken leg. The inmates who who trapped in the cage have injuries ranging from neck pain to a fractured back.
WFFT Local will bring you more information on this story as it develops.
- Collision near State Road 3 totals two vehicles, injures 8
- Bluffton collision kills infant, three other children injured
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Man injured after off-road vehicle strikes tree in DeKalb County
- Road rage incident causes three vehicle crash
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle near Reed Road
- Hillville Road crash kills driver, injures passenger
- Hillegas Road head-on crash injures 4
- 2 killed and 6 injured in vehicle crash
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident