MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Catalan parliament to respond to Spain's planned takeover
- Aardvark plant looking to fill positions
- Man arrested for dealing cocaine and resisting law enforcement
- Dayton shooter had cocaine in his system, coroner says
- Meijer donates to FWFD "Fill the Boot" fundraiser
- Schools trying job fairs to fill open positions
- Fort Wayne's Children's Zoo looking to fill positions
- Hamilton Community Schools seeking to fill school board vacancy
- Skilled To Work: Recruiting to fill the pipeline