Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- November 13th marks the start of the 2019 COATS FOR KIDS Campaign sponsored by the Volunteer Center.
This is the 19th year for COATS FOR KIDS, traditionally providing more than 5,000 warm winter coats to local underserved children. To date, over 60,000 coats have been delivered to approximately 80 area schools and social service agencies.
New or gently used winter coats are being collected at partner locations including Peerless Cleaners, Kroger, Adams Radio Group and Lee's Famous Recipe. Collections will continue through Sunday, December 2nd.
Executive Director Ani Etter states "This is one of the most rewarding programs the Volunteer Center is blessed to be a part of. The Fort Wayne community is very generous, and it is heartwarming to know that neighborhood children will be well prepared to face the winter weather."
Cash donations are also appreciated. $25 will provide a new coat, hat, scarf and mittens to a child in need. Secure online donations are accepted at www.volunteerfortwayne.org
Fort Wayne Firefighters, YMCA team members and community volunteers will deliver the coats to schools and social service agencies during the week of December 17th, prior to the holiday break.
- Coats for Kids kicks off Tuesday
- Coats For Kids kicks off 18th year
- MLK Montessori hosts Kickoff for 20th annual Coats for Kids
- BBBS Bowl For Kids Sake kicks off
- Canal Days Festival kicks off Tuesday in New Haven
- Early voting kicks off Tuesday in Fort Wayne
- 2019 Gearfest kicks off
- Windy Tuesday
- Arab Fest kicks off Saturday
- Media Day Kicks Off Girls Basketball Season