Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind.(WFFT)- The venue's undergone a $7.5 million renovation and is ready for the public's enjoyment of live music.
Sweetwater's founder, city, and regional officials were all there to see the new Clyde Theatre come to life.
Rick Kinney, who is the general manager, purchased the theatre in 2012 at a tax sale for $500. For him, it's money well spent when you're a lover of quality.
"Because of the support of everybody involved, we managed to get it done in seven years,"Kinney said.
Kinney said this theatre is something Fort Wayne needs.
The 21,000 square foot performance hall removed all the seats to accommodate over 2,000 people.
"This venue is going to fulfill that need for large standing room general admission concerts, but also is going to fill a need for really cool intimate events where we have 800 seats on the floor, and we have really cool jazz bands, classic rock bands, pop, everything you could imagine,"Kinney added.
He wanted that one of a kind sound for the theatre and he didn't have to go far thanks to Sweetwater.
"I'm very proud to have the Sweetwater name on it. I think that's the way it should be. Clyde powered by Sweetwater," Sweetwater founder Chuck Surack said.
"No matter where we walked, no matter how far away we got to it, it was the same quality of sound throughout the entire building," Lois Lehvin said.
Levihn said it's good for the city, but really great for the southside.
"Having the Clyde have this big renaissance is not only going to be good for the Clyde, it's going to be good for the neighbors, the other small businesses in this area as people come south of town, and discover unique places that they've maybe never heard about," she added.
- Clyde Theatre ready for live entertainment
- Clyde Theatre announces several summer concerts
- The Wailers to perform at Clyde Theatre
- Piere's Entertainment closed
- 'Baby Shark Live!' coming to the Embassy Theatre in 2020
- Entertainment for your Thanksgiving food coma
- Sensory kits to be provided at entertainment events
- Foellinger Theatre Concert and Movie Series Announced
- Tony Bennett to perform at Embassy Theatre
- AMC Theatres enters the streaming market with on demand service