FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The salt trucks came out for the first time this winter following the first snow fall.
The city said they've been preparing since August for snow fall, but this was the first time this year they've pretreated the roads with brine to melt away any ice.
Frank Suarez of Public Works said about 30% of the trucks out right now are ready for snowy weather.
"We have a number of trucks that are set up in advance. As you know, our crews are the same crews that are out collecting leaves today, too," Suarez said.
Suarez also wanted to remind drivers to slow down when driving on icy roads, and keep your distance from salt trucks.
- City prepares for winter roads
- INDOT prepares for winter roads, encourages drivers
- Bass Road reopens for Winter
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- INDOT preparing for winter, suggests drivers do the same
- Dupont Road construction to wrap up for winter
- Fort Wayne Sister Cities International prepares for gala
- Calm winter having an impact on businesses and city crews
- Columbia City man killed in off-road vehicle accident
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday