FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - You might notice some different noises at downtown crosswalks.
The city installed new auditory crosswalks around the Grand Wayne Center. The crosswalks will tell pedestrians with visual disabilities when it's safe to cross the street.
This comes before Fort Wayne hosts the International Blind Sports Federation qualifying competition this summer.
It's part of the city's long-term plan to modernize pedestrian infrastructure across the city.
- City installs auditory crosswalks
- New parking meters to be installed next month
- Cameras set to be installed in Southbend homeless site
- NACS board approves installing seat belts on buses
- DeKalb County Eastern School District installs stop arm cameras
- Traffic cameras to be installed on Fort Wayne interstates
- Hicksville schools installing metal detectors at main entrances
- Europe will require carmakers to install speed limiters from 2022
- Two additional Blue Star Banners installed in Fort Wayne
- Baby surrendered at Fire Department where installation of Safe Haven Baby Box is underway