FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne's city council will decide Tuesday if the city should buy more parking meters that accept credits cards like the ones around the court house.
The meters are also solar powered and will alert parking enforcement officers when a car is still parked when the meter expires.
To pay for the new meters, the price to park will jump 50 cents to $1.25 an hour.
Tuesday's city council meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. inside Citizens Square.
- City council considering new parking meters, parking rates
- New meters mean new parking rates downtown
- City to use new parking meters, prices to increase
- New parking meters coming to downtown Fort Wayne
- New parking meters to be installed next month
- City Council approves water rate increase
- Franklin School Park completed
- Fort Wayne Parks Foundation creating legacy endowment for Promenade Park
- Parks department seeking public input in Franke Park Master Plan
- Developer looking at plans for Headwaters Park parking lot