FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A planned downtown hotel could get tax credits.
Tuesday, White Lodging is expected to ask Fort Wayne's city council to approve a $3 million tax abatement.
It would gradually phase in taxes on the new Hampton Inn and Suites right next to Parkview Field.
In September, White Lodging announced plans for the 136 room hotel.
A 125 room "boutique" hotel is also planned for downtown.
- City council considering hotel tax credit
- City Council considers eliminating business personal property tax
- New point person appointed on Electric Works, city councilman considers tax credits for funding
- 6 projects receive New Markets Tax Credit investments
- City council approves art commission
- Legislature aims to close online sales, hotel taxes loophole
- Fort Wayne City Council works to update tax phase-in and deferral policies
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City council overrules "pay to play" veto
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues