FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A public art commission in Fort Wayne is becoming a reality.
City council approved the commission in a vote of 6 to 3 Tuesday.
This commission will allow more art, such as sculptures, in neighborhoods and other parts of the city.
Part of the proposal includes requiring businesses who receive tax benefits from the city to contribute 1% of that benefit to a public art fund.
That requirement ends in 2022 so future councils can look at how the public art commission is working.
- City council approves art commission
- Merit Commission approves promotion
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City Council approves water rate increase
- City Council approves Electric Works funding
- Plans for Public Art Commission and fund moves forward
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Gas station zoning changes approved by city council
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning