FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A public art commission in Fort Wayne is becoming a reality.
City council approved the commission in a vote of 6 to 3 Tuesday.
This commission will allow more art, such as sculptures, in neighborhoods and other parts of the city.
Part of the proposal includes requiring businesses who receive tax benefits from the city to contribute 1% of that benefit to a public art fund.
That requirement ends in 2022 so future councils can look at how the public art commission is working.
- City council approves art commission
- Merit Commission approves promotion
- Public Art Commission gathering public input
- City Council approves Electric Works funding
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City Council approves water rate increase
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Plans for Public Art Commission and fund moves forward
- Gas station zoning changes approved by city council
- New downtown drone rules approved by city council