FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- City Utilities partnered with Cedarville Elementary to give students and faculty the best quality water possible after having issues with their well water supply.
School officials worked closely with the indiana department of environmental management to resolve the issue.
They used bottled water as they explored options to create a better water source.
Now there is a new water main pipe delivering water to the school.
"On January 17th we actually connected the school to our city water supply, so we're very pleased to do this and get the school on our class a water system and we also now have the ability to extend our mains further past Cedarville School."
The project was jointly funded by City Utilities and East Allen County School Corporation.
- City Utilities connects to Cedarville Elementary School
- Cedarville Elementary students "Make The Cut" for a good cause
- City Utilities partnership brings water line insurance
- City leases utilities for Electric Works funding
- City Utilities is replacing vulnerable water mains
- Elementary school celebrates milestone for mentor program
- Lakeland delays decision for elementary school closures
- Covington Elementary closed Monday
- Lakeland looking to re-purpose closing elementary schools
- School resource officers protect kids and connect community