FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- A disorderly house ordinance got approval Tuesday night by Fort Wayne City Council.
This ordinance will help neighbors keep the peace from any loud disturbances and illegal activity.
Two weeks ago, after nearly two hours of discussion, the group decided to wait to vote on the ordinance.
Three amendments came during that session, and four more were approved Tuesday evening.
The final vote was 8 to 1 to move forward.
When enforced, a person could see up to a $200 fine and a citation from police.
- City Council votes on disorderly home ordinance
- City council votes against Fort Wayne UNITED budget cut
- City council approves art commission
- New York City Council votes to close notorious Rikers Island jail
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City council overrules "pay to play" veto
- City council considering hotel tax credit
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- City Council approves water rate increase