FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Water rates are going up in Fort Wayne.
City council approved the rate hike Tuesday to pay for water main replacement.
The city currently has 350 miles of water mains that are past their useful life and many are failing.
This means water rates will go up an about $1.50 a month, for next five years.
The Indiana Regulatory Commission still has to approve the rate increase.
- City Council approves water rate increase
- City council approves art commission
- Few speak against water rate increase
- City council approves North River property purchase
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Auburn raising water rates 43%
- City council considering new parking meters, parking rates
- OUCC suggests lower water increase
- City Council to discuss increases in public safety Tuesday
- People upset over continuous sewer rate increases