Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Five is the magical number Sunday at the Allen County SPCA.
It would have been almost 5 months for Aspen being in the shelter until Sunday.
"I already have three dogs and I wasn't trying to get a fourth one, but she's been here for a while. I feel bad for her," pet owner Kylee Figert said.
The Cinco De Mayo special brought in a crowd of people seeing which furry friends were available.
Dogs adoptions were $55.00 while cat adoptions were only $5.00.
The best way to do that was to get people to come in person to the shelter versus doing things online making sure future pet owners get a chance to interact with the dogs and cats they have there.
The deal also came with spay or neuter surgery, distemper combination vaccination, rabies vaccination and flea prevention just to name a few features.
This typically could come out to $300 to $400.
The adoption fee didn't include the city of Fort Wayne dog tag, which is used to register your pet with the city in case it's lost or stolen.
It's required for residents who own pets.
- Cinco de Mayo at the Allen County SPCA
- K9 Fun Run helps Allen County SPCA
- Allen County SPCA donations doubled for #givingTuesday
- Allen County SPCA #givingTuesday effort breaks record
- Allen County SPCA pays it forward
- Allen County SPCA, shelter argue over euthanized dog
- Allen County SPCA holds 3rd annual Howl-O-Ween
- Allen County SPCA urging for pets to stay inside
- UPDATE: Allen County SPCA replacing broken AC after community support
- Allen County SPCA kicks off 'Rovernights' for Christmas