WOODBURN, Ind. (WFFT)- The Woodburn groundhog returned to Woodlan schools Friday morning to give a special message to elementary students.
This is the fourth year for the Groundhog Day tradition at Woodlan. Students gathered around to hear Chuck predict Spring will come early this year.
The Mayor of Woodburn, Joe Kelsey, said the tradition is fun for the kids and the community.
"I'm proud to honor Chuck's predictions and successfully relay them to everybody, so everybody knows how many more weeks of Winter we have," Mayor Kelsey said.
Chuck has been an animal ambassador for a local Indiana business since 2012.
- Chuck the groundhog predicts early Spring
- First snowfall after Groundhog Day brings many accidents
- Indianapolis Colts fire Head Coach Chuck Pagano
- AAA predicts most Thanksgiving travelers in 13 years
- McAuliffe predicts Northam 'will do the right thing'
- Predict your 2019 Oscar winners with your own ballot
- SCAN collecting Spring baskets Tuesday
- Early voting turnout up
- Black Friday shopping starts early
- Early morning crash injures two