Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Live Christmas tree recycling began in Allen County Wednesday.
It runs through Friday, Jan. 11, 2019. The service is free of charge.
Ornaments, tinsel, and plastic bags must be removed from live trees before dropping them off at recycling locations. Wreaths are not accepted at live tree recycling locations.
Allen County residents may drop off their live trees at the following locations:
Fort Wayne area
Allen County Highway Garage
2234 Carroll Road, Fort Wayne
Bio-Solids, Lime & Yard Waste Recycling
6202 Lake Ave., Fort Wayne
Hours: Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Closed New Year's Day.
Grabill / Leo-Cedarville Area
Metea County Park
8401 Union Chapel Road, Fort Wayne
Hours: Monday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
New Haven Area
City Hall— North Side
815 Lincoln Highway E., New Haven
Jury Park Pool
1702 Glencoe Blvd., New Haven
Meadowbrook School—Parking Lot
1065 Woodmere Drive, New Haven
For questions or concerns regarding live tree recycling, contact Allen County Department of Environmental Management at (260) 449-7878 or email@example.com.
- Christmas tree recycling begins
- Preferred Automotive Group holds Christmas tree giveaway
- With tree arrival, it's beginning to look at lot like Christmas at the White House
- Allen County Christmas Tree shortage blamed on lack of farms
- Trash and recycling delays due to cold
- Community celebrates Visiting Nurse services, Christmas tree lit at Baker Street Station
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Tox-Away Saturdays begin
- Skatin' for Christmas donations
- Mad Ants Begin Training Camp