FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Sunday, May 6, will be the last day babies are born at St. Joseph Hospital in downtown Fort Wayne.
The Lutheran Health Network said those services are being consolidated to Dupont Hospital and Lutheran Children's Hospital.
Patients experiencing a medical emergency, including women in labor, can still go to the ER at St. Joe.
Doctors from all three hospitals have been working on the transition for several weeks.
Patients who have questions may call 260-425-3275 for additional information.
Last year, LHN announced plans to build a new hospital downtown to replace St. Joe Hospital, however it still hasn't announced a location.
- Childbirth services ending at St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Joseph Hospital CEO resigns
- St. Joseph Hospital chooses new CEO
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- St. Joseph's burn unit loses verification from association
- Search in St. Joseph River called off for the night
- Duck Race takes over St. Joseph River this weekend
- Fort Wayne hospitals full at end of the year
- Lutheran Hospital ending heart transplant program April 1
- Dupont Hospital unveils Lutheran Children's Hospital expansion