FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A child is in critical condition after being rescued from a pond Friday afternoon.
Police, fire and medic's responded to a report of a child in a pond on Carnustee Lane in Fort Wayne around 1:45 p.m. When they got there, the child had already been removed from the water by family members.
The boy was taken to the hospital. Investigators say he wandered away from home and was missing for 20 minutes before being found.
- Child rescued from pond
- Crews rescue dog from frigid pond
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Auburn man drowns in pond
- Staying safe on icy ponds or lakes
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Fire department investigates car in pond
- Lakeside area residents push to reopen pond skating
- Man dies after falling into Wabash County pond
- One person hospitalized after crashing into house, pond