FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fire crews arrived to the home around 4:22 a.m. Tuesday morning located on the 1300 block of Taylor Street.
A woman was rescued by a pedestrian who saw the fire before crews arrived. He broke the first floor window and pulled her throught to safety.
When firefighters were on the scene, they were told a child was still inside.
They quickly found a 6-year-old on the second floor and carried her out of the home.
The child was taken to the hospital in critcal condition.
Crews continued to fight the fire and search for other victims that may be in the home while dealing with a down powerline in the rear of the home.
The fire was under control in 40 minutes.
- Child in critical condition after house fire
- House fire leaves woman in critical condition
- Police investigating after a child was found in critical condition
- Early morning fire leaves man in critical condition
- Plaza Drive fire leaves Fort Wayne man in critical condition
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- Man in critical condition after being stabbed
- Triple shooting claims two lives, one remains in critical condition
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles
- Akron woman in critical condition after two vehicle crash