ROME CITY, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a child has died following an accident at a farm in northeastern Indiana.
The Noble County sheriff's office says crews responded Monday and found that the child had been struck by a farm implement in a field near Rome City. The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Additional information about the child, including age, weren't immediately released.
The department didn't say what kind of farm implement hit the child. The death is under investigation by the sheriff's office and the county coroner's office.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Child dies after accident at farm in northeastern Indiana
- Elderly lion dies at northeastern Indiana animal sanctuary
- Baby dies in DeKalb County farming accident.
- Girl who died at northeastern IN farm fell from skid loader
- 2 brothers, dog die in northeastern Indiana house fire
- Feds selling former military depot in northeastern Indiana
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in northeastern Indiana boarding house fire
- Norwell student dead after farming accident
- Indiana man dies in industrial accident at avionics company
- Indiana man dies following boating accident in Prairie Creek Reservoir