DALLAS (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne built Chevrolet Silverado is getting re-invented for 2019 as General Motors celebrates 100 years of Chevy Trucks.
The 2019 Silverado 1500 was introduced at a special event in Dallas.
GM asked more than 7,000 people on what they wanted in their next truck, the most customer research in the company’s history.
The 2019 Silverado will make its public debut in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, exactly 100 years after the first Chevrolet trucks were delivered to customers.
GM has been building trucks in Fort Wayne since 1986.
- Chevy trucks celebrate 100 years
- Sears-Whirlpool curtail relationship after 100 years
- Erin's House celebrates 25 years
- The Harambee Festival celebrates 25th year
- 'Extinct' Galapagos tortoise found after 100 years
- Always 100 Basketball showcases talent
- Diocese celebrates largest priest ordination class in over 40 years
- Southwest Hair and Day Spa celebrates 20 years
- Super Shot celebrates 25 years in Fort Wayne
- Turnstone celebrates 75 years of service to the community