FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Charges have been filed in the death of Orlando Fernandez, 60, on Wednesday during a road rage incident.
Brandon Cook is facing involuntary manslaughter in the death of Fernandez.
Probable cause was found Monday by Judge Wendy Davis after police spoke to witnesses.
Cook was allegedly behind Fernandez Wednesday on U.S. 30 when they got into some form of altercation in traffic. At some point, Cook got out of his pick-up truck and punched Fernandez repeatedly.
Fernandez was found in his Mustang and taken to the hospital. He later died of a heart attack directly related to the stress of the incident. His death was ruled a homicide.
Police are looking for Brandon Cook after talking to witnesses and his girlfriend who was with him last Wednesday according to the affidavit.
"We have made an attempt to locate Brandon, Mr. Cook. we've been unsuccessful at this point in time we're using all the means to identify his location," Officer Michael Joyner with Fort Wayne Police said.
Police say they're tracking Cook's cellphone, and contacting family and friends to try and locate him.
The court affidavit said a witness saw Cook exit his gold 2003 Dodge Ram pick up truck on US 30.
The witness said he saw Cook punch Fernandez.
Police located the pick up truck at Junk Monkey- an auto repair shop run by Cook, but have not found him.
"Mr. Cook felt as though he was being break checked if you will, that’s the terminology used, and became upset,"Joyner explained.
The affidavit said the girlfriend told Cook to let it go, but he didn't.
It also states she said Cook has left town and is on the run due to this incident.
- Charges filed in U.S. 30 road rage incident
- Man dead after road rage incident
- Trial rescheduled for road rage incident
- Road rage incident causes three vehicle crash
- Jury reaches verdict in U.S. 30 road rage incident
- New details on U.S. 30 road rage incident, police still looking for suspect
- Suspect in fatal road rage beating formally charged
- Road rage suspect, Brandon Cook, arrested in Florida
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death
- Charges filed in murder of Indiana deputy