SANDUSKY, Ohio (WFFT) - The park that some call "The Rollercoaster Capital of the World" is getting some top honors.
In a recent USA Today Reader's Choice Awards, Cedar Point has been named "Best Amusement Park." The park beat out other famous travel destinations in Florida, Virginia, Tennessee and more.
Top 10 winners in the category Best Amusement Park:
1. Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
2. Knoebels - Elysburg
3. Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
4. Silver Dollar City - Branson, Mo.
5. Dollywood - Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
6. Six Flags Great Adventure - Jackson, N.J.
7. SeaWorld Orlando - Orlando, Fl.
8. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - Tampa, Fl.
9. Hershepark - Hershey, Pa.
10. Busch Gardens Willamsburg - Williamsburg, Va.
In addition, Cedar Point's world-record-breaking Steel Vengeance hyper-hybrid roller coaster won the "Best Roller Coaster" award. Steel Vengeance was awarded "Best New Ride of 2018" by readers and voters in Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Awards.
Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point's beachside resort, also captured the top spot in the "Best Amusement Park Hotel" category. It beat "Dollywood's DreamMore Resort and Spa" and "Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge" for the top spot.
Cedar Point, Steel Vengeance, and Hotel Breakers were chosen to be included in the 10Best Reader's Choice Awards by a panel of experts that includes a combination of editors from USA Today and travel industry contributors. Online voting for the awards lasted four weeks and readers were allowed to vote for their favorites in each category, once per day.
- Cedar Point voted "Best Amusement Park" in America
- Planning Commissioners pass proposed subdivision on Cedar Creek golf course
- Sen. Kamala Harris responds to pointed question on race in America
- Auctions America to be rebranded
- Jefferson Pointe getting new owners
- Early voting turnout up
- Changes could come to Jefferson Pointe sidewalks
- Santa's reindeer stop at Jefferson Pointe
- Chick-fil-A reopens at Jefferson Pointe