FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man who was arrested in Mississippi this month after being accused of the murder and robbery of a woman on Cass Street was extradited back to Indiana this week.
Cordell Patterson appeared in court Thursday morning facing murder and robbery charges in the death of 33-year-old Laura Larkin.
A probable cause affidavit shows Larkin was strangled to death. A witness told police Patterson was at Larkin's home on Cass Street the day she was murdered.
Patterson reportedly went to Mississippi to visit his mother, telling her he, "did something bad and hurt someone." He was arrested there on December 8th.
The affidavit states Patterson met Larkin at a bar on November 25th and went back to her house to have sex. Patterson later told a friend he took Larkin's Mercedes Benz after spending the night with her.
Later, Patterson admitted he thought he had killed Larkin and that she wasn't breathing.
The affidavit goes on to say Patterson strangled Larkin with a rope after she tried to stop him from robbing her. Larkin apparently fell down the stairs after Patterson choked her.
That's when he laid her on her bed and took her car, phone, and several credit cards.
Patterson is due back in court on January 2nd for a trail setting.
- Cass street murder suspect extradited back to Allen County, appears in court
- Man accused of 2012 murder appears in Allen County court
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne
- Suspect in November murder appears in court
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- John Miller appears in Allen County circuit court
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- Murder suspect in court
- Thanksgiving home invasion suspect appears in court
- Cordell Hughes appears in court