FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A former toxic waste land is finally seeing some development after sitting empty for decades.
Used car dealer CarMax said it plans to build a new store on North Clinton.
The Virginia based company recently bought the former site of I.J. Recycle which caught fire in 1986.
CarMax told FOX 55 it plans to open the Fort Wayne store early next year.
This will be the company's third Indiana location.
- CarMax building store on former toxic waste site
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- New app aims to reduce wasting food
- This Site's Terms of Service
- City fines Red River Waste Solutions for missed collections
- Mayor Henry and Red River Waste Solutions present new ideas
- Kendallville unveils changes to waste water treatment plant
- Red River Waste, city plan to announce trash solutions
- Deer in 24 states infected with chronic wasting disease
- Councilman wants Red River Waste to hire trash tracker