Photo Gallery 1 Images
***UPDATE*** According to the Allen County Coroner's office, the two bodies that were in the car pulled from the pond were identified as 32 year old Troy Frecker of New Haven, IN and 34 year old Luke Gerardot of Monroeville, IN. The cause of the crash and how the two men died are still under investigation.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- An investigation is underway as a car was pulled out of a frozen pond in southeastern Allen County Monday night.
First Responders were called to the 5600 block of Hoagland Road at approximately 9:00 p.m.
When they arrived they discovered a car was fully submerged underwater in a frozen-over pond.
Crews had to cut a hole through the ice to get to the car.
A dive team from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources was called to prepare the car to be pulled out of the water.
Investigators found there were two bodies, both male, inside of the car.
It is believed that the car had been there at least 24 hours prior to the incident.
Neither of the bodies has been identified and the Allen County Sheriff's Department is still investigating how the accident occurred.
We will keep you up-to-date with any new information.
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Fire department investigates car in pond
- Child rescued from pond
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County
- Allen County monitoring water levels for residents