FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A car found in the river under the Parnell Avenue bridge will be pulled out this week.
A viewer told FOX 55 they saw the car Sunday morning under the bridge. Police said it was reported last week, but the water has been too high to pull the vehicle out.
"How'd it get in there? I posted on Facebook, and everyone has their ideas, but it'll be interesting to find out exactly. I just hope nobody's inside of it. I'm sure Fort Wayne's finest was on that," said Parker Lee Shelton, who found the car while walking with his family Sunday morning.
There's no word yet on who the car belongs to, or if anyone was hurt.
- Car found in river near Parnell Ave. bridge
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Lake Ave. closed January 3rd
- House barricade on Masterson Ave
- Bridge closure in Defiance makes crossing Maumee River difficult
- Suspect charged in Hamilton Ave. shooting
- Police clear Tennessee Ave. apartments after gunshots
- Victims identified in Creighton Ave shooting
- FWPD investigating death of a person found in a car in St. Marys River
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens