Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne's newest Chick-fil-A location will be opening in a couple of hours, but there have been people staking out since Wednesday morning braving the cold.
Ron Crockett and his sister have been outside in their tent since 5:00 a.m. Wednesday.
For him, camping out is a must. There's free Chick-fil-A on the line... Free for a whole year!
"That is 52 number one meals that you get a card for. You come in and redeem those through out the year," owner and operator, Jeff Hoffman said.
He's not the only first timer to camp out for something like this. Everyone you see came prepared with snacks water laptops for Netflix and Hulu and most importantly tents and the proper attire to keep warm in this weather.
Jeff Hoffman said to see community support like this is great, and it's a breath of fresh air to have a location close to home.
"When we opened the store in 2002, they did not have this program. This "First 100" it's called. This is exciting. This shows the loyalty to our brand. Even though we've only had 2 Chick-fil-A's in this town for the past 15 years, people love Chick-fil-A. They love how they're treated. They love the food," Hoffman added.
Their love for the food is creating one big party as the clock keeps ticking.
Only the first one hundred people here will reap the benefits of winning the digital offer card.
"It's a lot different than what I would've expected with DJs and stuff. I watched a couple videos on YouTube so I knew it was going to be pretty cool playing games and stuff, so it does keep your mind off of the cold a little bit," Jonah Watson said.
The Chick-fil-A will be opening officially Thursday morning, and this will be the first location in Fort Wayne with a double drive through.
- Campers outside ahead of grand opening for new Chick-fil-A
- New Chick-fil-A nears opening
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Chick-fil-A set to open new location
- A dean is stepping down over her university's decision to drop Chick-fil-A
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Shooting ruins a local bar's grand opening
- Noble County Humane Society holds grand opening
- Campers enjoy Labor Day at Blue Lake Campground
- Mike's Carwash preparing for grand opening of new location