SOUTH MILFORD, Ind. (WFFT) - Camp Watcha Wanna Do, a summer camp for children with or surviving cancer/brain tumor, starts Sunday.
This is the organization's 28th year providing camp. This year's theme is There's No Place Like Camp – Wizard Of Oz.
This camp gives the kids time away where they don't have to focus too much on health concerns or disabilities.
“A lot of our kids feel like they can't do normal things maybe because their parents don't allow them to or their medical abilities don't allow them to based on treatment, so we can bring them here and have medical treatment here if they need it," program director Jennyfer Balkema said.
The camp has 106 kids this year.
The camp goes until June 12th.
For more information on Camp Watcha Wanna Do, visit their website.
- Camp Watcha Wanna Do starts for the summer
- "Camp Watcha Wanna Do" helps children with cancer
- Popularity increasing for area STEM summer camps
- FWCS free summer meals start today
- Southwest Honey Co. prepares for summer educational programs as bees start collecting pollen
- Start Something Big: Dominic
- Start Something Big- Emily
- Start Something Big - Rovenio
- Ribfest starts Thursday
- Clyde Theatre announces several summer concerts