FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Community Transportation Network received a $250,000 grant Tuesday from the AWS Foundation, who supports organizations that help those who are disabled.
CTN provides rides to under-served populations, including the disabled, primarily within Allen County.
CTN's Executive Director, Becky Weimerskirch, says the money will go a long way towards operating costs and helping the disabled with employment.
She said, "We’re trying to be in a position to open those doors. We’re transporting more than 5,800 individuals now and this grant is a big investment in ctn to up the ante."
This is the second grant CTN has received in a weeks time. Last week they received a grant from the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne for the amount of $55,000.
- CTN gets big grant from AWS Foundation
- AWS Foundation unveils disability resource website
- AWS Foundation breaks ground on new facility
- Rescue Mission receives grant from AEP Foundation
- Foellinger Foundation announces $2.6 million grant to Taylor University
- AEP Foundation announces grant for Science Central planetarium
- Kruse Foundations sells museum to investment group
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds graduation party
- Big Brothers Big Sisters hold champagne brunch