FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- One month after opening the CBD Store of Fort Wayne has a steady crowd all day long. Cory Vonderau, the owner, said he's no doctor, he's just in the business of changing lives.
"My goal is to bring nature's alternative to medicine to the Fort Wayne area," he said.
Vonderau is a Fort Wayne native, but moved to Colorado and researched CBD oil while he was gone. He even became a user himself.
He said CBD can treat a number of things such as anxiety, pain, arthritis, and nerve issues.
We've told you on FOX 55 the oil has had some slack for being commonly derived from the cannabis plant, but the legal amount of THC in the oil isn't enough to get you high. Many stores, like this one, sell products that are THC free.
"We're born with an endocannabinoid system in us. It's usually burned out by the time we're kids or teens. Very few of us still produce this in our system, and I mean very few. For those that are lucky enough, they tend to have a very healthy lifestyle," Vonderau said.
The store sells everything from vape oils and edibles, to body products and even treats for your furry friend that will treat arthritis and separation anxiety.
Leslee Young said she uses the oil for migraines.
"If I take my prescribed medication, I am done for the rest of the day. It totally wipes me out, makes me not feel like myself... CBD doesn't do that to me," she said.
Krystal Calloway is also a CBD user for depression and anxiety.
"I actually work in the store. I quit my job of three and a half years to come work with Cory because he is just such a good guy, and he's here to educate people, and everyone needs the education we can provide here," she said.
For more information on CBD oil visit the store's Facebook page.
- CBD Store of Fort Wayne excelling one month after opening
- Store selling CBD products opens in Kendallville
- Fort Wayne's new Xfinity Store opens at Jefferson Pointe
- "The CBD Store" to open in Summit City
- Gander Outdoors opens in Fort Wayne
- New brewery now open in Fort Wayne
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- Hampton Inn opens in downtown Fort Wayne
- Planned Parenthood opens new Fort Wayne clinic
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins