Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Allen County CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteers and family members attended CASA day at the zoo.
Allen County CASA advocates for the best interests of more than 440 abused and neglected children in Allen County.
These individuals want to make sure that abused and neglected children do not get lost in the court system.
"What better way to celebrate to celebrate our volunteers that are so involved with children and families here in Allen County than to have an event at the zoo which is all about children and families so we love to come here to the zoo. We have our wild about CASA t-shirts on and we really are wild about those volunteers,” Nancy Springer director of Allen County Casa said.
Gary Stetler devoted his retirement to making a difference.
"I signed up because of my childhood, because of the way I grew up. There was nobody there when I was young, and I make sure there is somebody there now," CASA volunteer Gary Stetler said.
250 volunteers showed up today in their blue shirts.
- CASA Day at the zoo celebrates volunteers
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo to hold volunteer opportunity fair
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo celebrates National Zookeeper Week
- Zoo welcomes baby giraffe
- FOX 55 celebrates the Mother's Day Holiday
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds job fair
- Baby giraffe escapes Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Fort Wayne Zoo mourns loss of giraffe
- Epilepsy stroll at the zoo raises awareness