FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Byron Health Center hosted an Eggstravaganza Community Easter Egg Hunt presented by MKM architecture design on the Byron Health Center Campus grounds on the day before Easter, Saturday, March 31st, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., in Fort Wayne.
Byron Health Center staff and volunteers spread Easter Eggs throughout the campus of the facility and parents brought their children out to enjoy some pre-Easter fun.
Children got a special visit from Peter CottonTail, the Easter Bunny, along with visits from other local mascots including the Fort Wayne Derby Girl's Mean Jean, Crazy Pinz Stryker the Parrot, Purdue Fort Wayne's Don the Mastodon, the Three Rivers Festival's Admiral Andy, and Summit City Cause-Players superheroes.
Danette Johnson and her children came ready.
This isn't their first go round at Byron Health Center.
"It's great. It's really big. I go to their trunk or treat every year, the easter egg hunt, all their activities,"Johnson said.
Byron Health's staff and volunteers worked for a few weeks to put this all together, but what Johnson loves most is how inclusive it is for the whole community.
"They did a good job of getting the residents involved in this. They are the ones who stuffed the eggs. They have the door prizes most of them have made, and that's the good thing. The residents are involved," she added.
- Byron Health Center holds Eggstravaganza
- Byron Health Center holds steel topping ceremony
- Byron Health Center breaks ground for new facility
- Barbershops hold free health screenings
- Trine expanding health science center
- Weisser Park youth center holds Kwanzaa celebration
- Shark attacks man surfing at Australia's Byron Bay
- VA Medical Center holds open house for women veterans
- Dupont Hospital to add medically-integrated health and fitness center
- DeKalb Health, Parkview Health to develop partnership